Wednesday, October 20, 2010

What Goes With A Vest

Readings

The increasingly cold and dark days they pushed me holed up in a home with the latest readings looted from the school library. They are the fifth part of Anna Karenina and I just finished reading The 'innocent D'Annunzio, both are wonderful books, full of meaning and able to describe human psychology as nobody believed he could do. Some dialogues have deeply touched me and brought to light old memories, which are tied to the various sensations. Anxiety, doubt, the sense of loss and abandonment, the impression that everything is somehow veiled melancholy are all things that have troubled past-and sometimes still-troubled my mind. But even the love, the joy of seeking the world in the eyes of the beloved , the frenzy that the slightest caress can trigger are all sides of our existence that I had the chance to appreciate. Both texts mostly revolve around love, it is troubled, hurting and adulterer, or that it is pure, high and true, being able to analyze it in depth but does not deprive him of his romantic mystery. I was really enchanted by the evocative power of those words and again I wondered how it was possible that two strangers were able to describe with minute accuracy the complexity of my joys and my troubles. This makes me reflect on the fact that, for all unite us, has always been and always will be the fact that be swept away at any time by ' inevitability of feelings, however understandable in their entirety only to a select few, with a higher sensitivity, and I strongly believe that D'Annunzio Tolstoy belong to this group of elected officials.

0 comments:

Post a Comment